At LGT, we believe we have an obligation to make our own contribution toward a society worth living in. Our aim has always been to challenge convention where we believe it is the right thing to do and we are not afraid to make decisions that positively set us apart from the crowd.
When we founded in 2008, in the midst of the global financial crisis, many financial institutions had become increasingly disconnected from their clients. Our aim was to offer a fresh approach to wealth management. The plan was simple: place our clients at the heart of our business, providing them with a service designed around what is right for each of them.
Our partnership with LGT, wholly owned by the Princely Family of Liechtenstein, means that we are one of the few global wealth management firms in private ownership. This enables us to build lasting relationships with our clients, making decisions for the long term.
We now have over 400 people working across our London, Bristol and Jersey offices, with the vast majority working from our central London office.
Our culture is what sets us apart; we are a people business with a focus on ensuring our staff feel a genuine sense of belonging. There is more to the firm than financial success alone and we are passionate about making our people feel they are part of a family. Wealth management is about building lasting relationships and this starts internally. We do not care for hierarchy – our flat management structure and open-door policy, combined with a collaborative and inclusive approach, facilitates a community whereby innovation is encouraged and diversity is celebrated.
It is essential our people feel part of the team in whatever role they hold and a sense of belonging to the Firm itself. Our staff wellbeing and diversity committees, Enrich & #included, strive to enhance this inclusive culture, looking at how we can enrich employees’ lives not only at work, but in our wider lives. Our culture of belonging reassures our clients that they are in safe hands, with a business that cares about them and where all our staff are treated with respect, integrity and personal accountability.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our employee-led initiative, #included, is central to our mission to give all our people equal opportunities (and outcomes), to succeed both personally and professionally, and foster a culture where individuals are treated with respect and feel included. Through our initiatives, we aim to encourage diversity, maintain wellbeing, challenge perceptions and promote development.
We want to continue building on our sense of belonging that truly inclusive groups of people can bring. If you want to start your career in a Firm where you can make a genuine, positive impact to the future of wealth management, we welcome you to join us.
“Through a shared set of values, we make sure that LGT Vestra fits into the world in a way that is positive.” – Ben Snee, CEO LGT Vestra
You will join as part of the Investment20/20 programme. This will introduce you to the investment management sector where you will gain industry knowledge, experience and develop relationships enabling you to progress your career. As part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with over 300 trainees across the industry and participate in social and insight events.
Salary & Benefits
Our Trainee programme is a 12 month fixed term contract paying £22,000. You will receive 25 days annual leave. You will also be entitled to a 15% flexible benefits allowance on top of your salary. Our role is based in the city of London and can recieve up to £300 homeworking allowance (claimed via expenses) to create a homeworking set up (for example as desk, a large computer screen, keyboard and mouse).
We are looking for 4 Trainee Custody and Client Services Analysts to work across and support our Custody and Client Services teams. You will gain exposure to the operations function of the business giving you a great foundation to your career in wealth and investment management.
Operations is the engine room of our Firm providing a wide range of essential support and services for the Investment/Wealth Asset Managers, their teams, and their Clients.
The Custody Services unit comprises several teams:
- Settlements team: Responsible for the accurate and timely settlement of all trade purchases and sales for the Firm in Funds, Equities and Bonds both in the UK and overseas.
- Corporate Actions team: Processing of dividend distributions and interest on fixed income products (including the appropriate tax withholding) or mandatory/voluntary corporate events for the Firms assets under management.
- Transfer team: Manages all aspects of the client transfer in/out process for all product types.
- Treasury team: Manages all the Firm’s cash movements in multiple currencies and the funding of its bank accounts. This also includes maintaining relationships with our sponsoring banks and those organisations we hold term deposits with.
- Data Management team: Responsible for providing support in delivering on the firm’s data strategy for Operations by establishing and maintaining data processes, controls, procedures, and methodologies in line with agreed firm wide governance policies and standards.
- CASS team: Oversees the Firms compliance with the FCA’s client asset rules contained within the Client Assets Sourcebook (CASS).
Our Client Services Team plays an important role in acting as a link between Front Office and Operations by assisting both areas to meet the client’s needs.
Our Client Services unit compromises of several teams including:
- Client Reporting team: Covers a wide range of client reporting related activities and monitors the accuracy of portfolio performance and ensure quarterly valuations and year-end tax packs are provided to clients.
- Client Product Support team: Provides ownership and support for all services relating to noncustodied investments.
- Client Due Diligence team: Responsible for performing due diligence when on-boarding clients, which includes KYC / AML reviews in accordance with FCA regulations and company policies, and account closing. This team works closely with the Front Office, Compliance and Legal teams.
- Client Dealing team: Responsible for the execution of all trades across our business.
Full training will be given
- Learn how we explore, research, and create/enhance business opportunities in line with regulatory changes and developments in the market.
- Gain exposure to meetings, workshops, and team training events.
- Provide (and in time take ownership of) administrative support to the teams you work with and projects as needed.
- Ensure the administrative and organisational tasks of your team are completed accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Provide ad-hoc administration tasks, such as photocopying & scanning
Principal Contacts e.g External Companies
- Investment & Wealth Managers
- Investment Assistants
- Custody Services, Client Services, and IT & Business Solutions Team Heads
- Service providers
Key skills, competencies and attributes
If you are an enthusiastic individual and have the following attributes, we would like to hear from you.
- A recent graduate or school/college leaver
- A keen interest to gain a career in Financial Services/Wealth Management
- Able to use their initiative, prioritise and manage the workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, well organised, presentable and professional team player
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of Products, in particular Excel and PowerPoint