Savills Investment Management (Savills IM) is an international real estate investment manager, which is owned by Savills plc, the global real estate services group. Around 340+ staff are employed in 15 offices across Europe and Asia.
Savills IM is a global real estate investment management firm. We are in a period of rapid growth as we expand the products we offer and invest in a larger number of countries and properties. Our Human Resources team supports the business globally, with team members in London, Germany and Italy. We manage all aspects of the employee life cycle from the moment a person applies to our business.
Working at Savills IM
We are a people business, relying on our people for their expertise, skills and judgement. We look for a bright, diverse workforce, one that is forward looking, entrepreneurial in spirit and is passionate about creating sustainable future for our planet.
We are a committed equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion. We are focused on fostering a culture and environment that allows for inclusion and diversity throughout our business. We have several employee led forums which provide support and guidance around Diversity & Inclusion such as LGBTQ+, Age, Gender and Disability.
You will join as a trainee as part of the Investment20/20 programme. The Investment20/20 programme has over 60 investment management member firms and has supported over 2,000 young people to start their career in the industry.
As a HR trainee you will be introduced to investment management and you will gain industry knowledge, experience and develop relationships to progress your career and develop skills to secure a permanent role. As part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with over 300 trainees across the industry and participate in socials and insight events.
Our trainee programme is a 12-month fixed term contract with a competitive salary £24,000 and will receive 25 days annual leave. This role is based in London.
The Savills Investment Management HR team are currently designing and delivering HR strategies to help ensure the sustainable growth and development of our diverse employee-base across our international offices.
As a HR Trainee, you will join a team of 7 people, and will gain exposure to all aspects of HR. Your role will be to ensure all aspects of employee administration are completed accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner. Strict confidentiality and discretion are key to this role.
As a HR Trainee, you will gain a broad experience of the core functions of HR including:
- Assisting the team with all administrative elements of the employee life-cycle, from initial offers, onboarding, inductions, completing reference letters, benefits administration through to organising exit interviews, and offboarding leavers;
- Recruitment – Maintaining the Company’s Application Tracking System (ATS) (Team Tailor) – adding jobs and publishing to relevant job boards; supporting the team administration of the yearly graduate and placement intake, scheduling interviews and assessment days.
- Reward and Benefits – Providing administrative support to the Reward Manager around yearly compensation tasks and submissions
- Maintaining records on the HR database and producing reports.
- Monitoring and processing invoices received for permanent and contract staff.
- Diary management for the HR team where needed;
Skills and Requirements
If you are a school/college leaver or graduate who has a keen interest developing a career in HR within financial services and has the following attributes, we are interested in hearing from you:
- A good communicator, both oral and written, with the ability to work with people at all levels of the business;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Team player with a proactive approach to problem solving;
- Excellent organisational skills, able to manage priorities and work to tight deadlines.
- A ‘can do’ attitude to learning and enjoys developing new skills;
- An ability to ensure all tasks and sensitive information are handled confidentially;
- Good working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel