What do you get as a T. Rowe Price London Apprentice? The T. Rowe Price Apprenticeship Scheme is designed to provide you with work experience in the financial services industry. Our scheme will give you an opportunity to learn about investment management and how T. Rowe Price helps our global client base to achieve their investment goals. Your placement will consist of working with a specific team within our London office. You will have a strong support network, dedicated to helping you reach your full potential and at the end of the apprenticeship you will have an accredited qualification and over a year of (paid) work experience.
Benefits of the scheme include:
Experience: Over the course of the apprenticeship, you will gain over 13 months of valuable experience by being immersed in the day-to-day workings of our firm.
Opportunity: A large number of our apprentices have been offered permanent positions at the end of their placement. We cannot guarantee a permanent role at the end of the 13+ months, however we strongly encourage apprentices to apply for open positions, and many have been successful applicants.
Exposure and Networking: You will gain broad exposure to leaders and employees at all levels across the company, to deepen your understanding of our unique culture and approach to investment management. The Apprenticeship Scheme is part of the Investment 20/20 programme, which will also offer you exciting opportunities to network with other apprentices, trainees and industry professionals from over 60 firms across the sector.
What we are looking for: We are currently looking for school leavers or graduates, as well as candidates without a degree. We also welcome candidates who are looking for a well-supported way to return to work after an absence. We hire for future potential — and we especially like team players, curious collaborators and can-do people.
EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) Public Relations:
Our role in public relations it to protect and promote the T. Rowe Price brand. We deal mostly with requests from journalists who want to write about our company and they typically request an interview with a portfolio manager who manages a particular fund – US equity for example. We decide with the person they have requested to speak to if they are happy to do the interview and then we organise for them to talk. We have to build good relationships with journalists but also with our investment professionals so that they know they can rely on us to brief them well and put them in front of journalists who are knowledgeable. We see ourselves as the buffer between in internal and external world. We also get asked to participate in broader projects to bring the PR perspective – for new fund launches for example.
Standard/Qualification: Level 4 Public Relations and Communications Assistant Status
Minimum Duration of Apprenticeship: 13 months plus
Role and Responsibilities Overview:
The role of the Public Relations Apprentice is to learn about and support the work of the EMEA Public Relations team, to build relationships internally across the firm and externally with local PR Agencies based in markets across EMEA regions. We would anticipate that the first three months would be spent shadowing the team to gain a full understanding and become knowledgeable of our processes. You will then take on specific responsibilities including:
- Providing administrative support for monthly PR meetings with relationship managers, marketing and PR agency meetings including circulating materials, taking meeting notes and circulating follow up notes and actions.
- Creating and maintaining PowerPoint presentations used by the team.
- Supporting the team in responding to incoming media requests, coordinating interviews and providing necessary supporting documentation/information.
- Preparing and submitting PR content to compliance for clearance and making necessary amendments.
- Researching news coverage, topics and journalists and providing the team with an accurate overview ahead of interviews.
- Inputting to and maintaining the EMEA PR activity tracker that captures data for internal reports and evaluates the effectiveness of PR agency partners in each country.
- Supporting the team with the planning and preparation of annual PR plans by evaluating progress of current activity versus objectives set.
The T. Rowe Price Apprenticeship Scheme, a London-based initiative, forms part of our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We aim to focus on local unemployment by working in collaboration with our charity partner, the East London Business Alliance (ELBA) and Investment 20/20 to source candidates. The scheme this year offers a role based in our London office, near Bank Tube Station. Candidates will be supported in a number of ways, including our commitment to offer the London Living Wage (LLW) for all positions, supported learning throughout the scheme and a host of benefits attached to the opportunity.
We are a global asset management firm — our purpose is to help people save and invest their money. We are based in America and have offices in 16 locations around the world, including Central London. We employ over 7,100 people worldwide and are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talented and diverse employees.
Money matters are quite personal. Money can be used to make great changes in our lives, and in society overall. Alternatively, money troubles can cause great turmoil. We seek to provide greater access to investments and investing practices which help people navigate money issues and make more informed decisions.
We think it’s important to leave a positive mark on the world, and we’re looking for people who feel the same. We are a commission-free company where values such as teamwork, collaboration and trust are rewarded.
As of 30 September 2021, T. Rowe Price has more than USD $1.61 trillion in assets under management and serves clients in more than 50 countries worldwide.
For more information about the Firm, please visit http://www.troweprice.com or www.troweprice.com/institutional
We are currently looking for candidates who are interested in embarking on a fantastic career with T. Rowe Price.
We are interested in hearing from candidates from a variety of backgrounds. Outlined below are some of the typical attributes that we look for in our apprentices:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Presentable and professional at all times
- Enthusiastic and willing to contribute ideas
- Keenness to learn and adapt in a constantly changing environment
- Commitment to undertake further study for any relevant industry qualifications
PR Specific Attributes:
- Keen interest in learning new skills.
- Enjoys working in a team but able to work independently.
- Commitment to getting the job done within specified time frames.
- Punctuality reliability and personal responsibility.
- PC literate.
To be eligible to apply for this position candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Aged 18 years or over
- Possess 5 GCSE’s A-C or equivalent (including Math and English)
- Willing to travel to Bank Station in central London
- Willing to commit to a 13 month+ apprenticeship
The employer will offer the following additional benefits to the successful candidates:
- Fully funded accredited learning
- Up to £300 clothing allowance
- Travel allowance to cover the cost of travel for the first month
An assigned mentor throughout the duration of your apprenticeship